- Smart Innovation: The Speedrower® Legacy Contines: The Speedrower® self-propelled windrower name is synonymous with unparalleled efficiency, durability and the brute power required to meet any crop head-on and cut or swath it in record time. A lot has changed on these windrowers through the years, but one thing has not. You can depend on the New Holland Speedrower because of its proven record of reliability and performance for over 50 years. That heritage continues with the newest models. We are continuing to raise the bar and put even more power, efficiency, and of course SPEED into the newest Speedrower!
- Step Into The Next Generation of Awesome: The latest Speedrower windrowers set the standard with best-in-class operator comfort, increased horsepower, fuel efficiency, and advanced Tier-4B-compliant engines. Now you can have the advantage of New Holland's proven ECOBlue™ engine technology that's been tackling tough jobs in New Holland tractors for over four years. Plus, the new Speedrowers look great with updated styling that is functional too!
- Brute Power with A Fuel Conscience: The new Tier 4B Speedrower® Series engines offer the best of all worlds: increased power and performance combined with improved fuel efficiency—all in a cleaner-burning engine that’s built New Holland SMART. How much better can it get? New Holland achieves Tier 4B emissions levels with a Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system, employing diesel exhaust fluid (DEF), and a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) Canister.
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) Process: • Exhaust gases leave turbo outlet and travels through the DOC canister, where precise amounts of DEF are injected into the exhaust stream • DEF quickly vaporizes and converts to ammonia and carbon dioxide (the basic elements of DEF) • Exhaust, carbon dioxide and ammonia pass into the SCR chamber • In the SCR canister, carbon dioxide is neutralized and the ammonia catalytically reacts to NOx • After the catalytic reaction, the harmless nitrogen vapor and water vapor are released through the exhaust pipe to the atmosphere
- Increased Efficiency with Decreased Cost: The new Tier 4B engines, combined with programmable throttle, lead to maximum fuel efficiency, resulting in decreased operating costs. The programmable engine throttle allows you to set the engine speed to just what you need, creating even more fuel savings. The reduction in fuel consumption means fewer fill ups, allowing for more uninterrupted time in the field. Now, the Speedrower goes further and longer without stopping to fill up.
- Upgraded Cooling Package: The Speedrower cooling system is designed to suit the cooling needs of each model and offers increased cooling capacity compared to previous models. The rotary air screen housing is made of steel and creates a tight seal, resulting in improved performance. The wand and duct system is a full third larger than previous models and the rotary screen motor has been upgraded to ensure the screen is continually cleaned. When working in extreme temperature conditions, add the optional diesel fuel cooler for a clean efficient burn to capture more horsepower from every gallon of fuel.
- 10-20% Increased Horsepower: Engines Tuned For Reliable Peformance: The new Speedrower Tier 4B 6-cylinder engines provide an impressive 10% boost in engine horsepower, and the 4-cylinder upgrade to electronic common-rail fuel delivery provides an amazing 20% increase over the prior Tier 3 model. With more torque than before, Speedrower windrowers are the right choice to climb hills, and power through the tough stuff with reliable power when you need it most.
- Best-In-Class 24-Mph Transport Speed Option: New Holland’s continued innovation has led to an optional three range hydrostatic drive that produces transport speeds up to 24 mph, making it the SMART choice when you need to move quickly between farm and field. Time is a nonrenewable resource, and Speedrower® windrowers get you there faster than any other self-propelled windrower does today.
- Save Fuel with RoadCruise™ Transport Mode: RoadCruise™ transport mode comes standard on new Speedrower® windrowers and automatically sets engine speed to maximize fuel economy in transport. With the CommandGrip™ multi-function handle in the neutral position and power take off disengaged, the system is activated automatically when the operator selects third range or when a new transport mode is selected on two-range Speedrower windrowers. When Rode Cruise transport mode is active engine speed and hydrostatic pump flow automatically adjusts on demand for higher or lower ground speed providing the ideal engine speed corresponding to the ground speed selected.
- Enhanced Handling For More Speed: New Holland has not only enhanced the speed of the Speedrower windrower, but also improved the handling of the machine, creating greater control. Greater control provides the foundation for the increase in speed. The hydraulically controlled steering system allows for precise steering at higher speeds. All Speedrower self-propelled windrowers are equipped with 9-degree swivel post casters, and all models equipped with high-speed transport also feature shock absorbers to prevent caster shimmy for better handling during transport.
- Adjustable Ballasting For High-Speed Control: For optimum handling and control, the rear ballast is easily adjusted to match the requirements of the header. The optional front ballast box provides stability and traction during transport when the header is detached.
Cab & Comfort Features
- You Won't Need To Be In Your Easy-Chair To Relax: We have come a long way from the open-station windrowers from the 1960’s. The latest Speedrower® windrowers feature unrivaled control and comfort with a luxurious cab that is standard equipment. With independent rear axle suspension and Comfort Ride™ cab suspension, you will hardly even know that you are in the field. New Holland achieves superior control with its unique steering control and industry-leading CommandGrip™ multi-function handle that puts essential machine functions right at your fingertips.
- Independent Rear Axle Suspension: This patented axle suspension option works by utilizing separate left and right axle members to oscillate independently on adjustable, pressurized air suspension bags. This system provides exceptional ride quality so you can operate faster and with ease on uneven terrain. Feel the difference in ride quality just once, you will wonder how you ever operated without it.
- Comfort Ride™ Cab Suspension: This standard feature means smooth sailing—or riding—across even rougher fields. The unique Comfort Ride system cushions you from chassis motion for industry-leading comfort. The four-point suspension includes isolated mounts on the front and coil springs over the shocks at the rear. This allows you to take on tough fields and glide across pivot tracks without being knocked out of the seat.
- Ideal Comfort and Visibility: Operators of all sizes will find comfort in the deluxe air-ride seat. Thanks to the air-ride suspension, three fore/aft settings and lumbar adjustment, you get the support you need. The adjustments toward ideal comfort continue with a three-way adjustable steering wheel that tilts at both floor and knee level and also telescopes. Cab comfort is complete with the high-capacity air-conditioning and heating system that maintains the desired temperature. Ideal visibility is part of the ideal Speedrower cab comfort you want and need. The tinted, curved glass windshield provides you with an outstanding overall view. Anytime day or night, you have the visibility you need with optional LED lighting packages featuring two front lights, four rear lights, and twin stubble lights.
- Take Command with CommandGrip™: The CommandGrip™ multi-function handle is extremely comfortable to use and provides precise control of speed with the hydrostatic transmission that offers infinitely variable speed control in forward and reverse. The handle also features controls for precise adjustments of header and reel positions. Other features include auto-guidance engagement and a convenient “resume” button to put your header back in the pre-set work position for effortless and efficient field operation pass after pass.
- IntelliView™ IV Touchscreen Display Option: This customizable 10-inch color touchscreen display is featured in other New Holland products and is your gateway to monitoring machine functions, changing settings, tracking your jobs, work rate, and many more tasks—right from your fingertips. The display is New Holland SMART, allowing you to personalize the layout of six different “run” screens to show whatever information you need to work efficiently. Also, a USB port in the back of the display allows for data collection at the end of the workday.
- Deluxe Cab Upgrade: Take superior ride quality and operating ease to the next level with the following upgrades: • Automatic Temperature Control so you can dial in the perfect temperature • Additional sound dampening material to reduce cab noise • Front and rear sunscreens • Increase from two speakers to four matched premium speakers and Delphi stereo upgrade. Optional electronic adjustable mirrors allow you to stay in the cab and adjust the mirrors between road and field use. Plus, the optional upgrade to a leather seat comes with an embroidered 50th anniversary logo on the seatback on 2015 models. You’ll rest easy knowing that 50 years of experience is behind you.
- Optional Delphi Radio: Now you can get all the latest hands-free and entertainment technology in your new Speedrower! The optional Delphi satellite-capable radio allows you to stay tuned to your favorite satellite station. Even better, the Bluetooth device in the radio means you can continue to use your hands to operate while taking important phone calls in the field. A microphone located in the headliner allows you to communicate hands-free. The upgraded radio also includes a USB port and line-in for plugging in a portable music device or phone.
Precision Land Management Features
- Headed In The Right Direction: Speedrower windrowers move into the future with precise direction. As standard equipment, all Speedrowers are IntelliSteer™-auto-guidance-ready. You also have the option to have your Speedrower come IntelliSteer-complete, with integrated IntelliSteer auto guidance that is fully installed and tested at our Grand Island, Nebraska plant.
- Accurate Guidance Solutions To Cut Your Bottom Line: PLM™ Precision Land Management solutions from New Holland provide an array of services to improve cutting accuracy. Speedrower windrowers can now provide cutting accuracy to +/- 1.5 inch with CenterPoint™ RTX without a base station. Pass-to-pass overlap becomes nonexistent, increasing harvesting efficiency in wide cutting and swathing applications. System components are common platform across the New Holland line of products, including the IntelliView™ IV touchscreen display, 372 GPS receiver, and the Navigation II controller.
- IntelliView™ Touchscreen Display: The Intellivew IV display is a large 10.4 inch touchscreen display that provides a single interface for windrower functions as well as InntelliSteer™ auto guidance. It allows you to program a variety of guidance patterns, personalize your settings, and easily transfer information from your Speedrower® windrower to your Farm Management Software.
Prairie Special Features
- The Ultimate Swathing Machine: The New Holland Prairie Special is a Speedrower® SP Windrower customized for high-capacity swathing of grains, oilseed, and pulse crops.
- The Most Requested Features: Prairie Special machines include the features most requested by prairie grain-swathing customers, including: • Draper Ready Package • Deluxe cab upgrade package • Upgraded Delphi Satellite & Bluetooth • In-cab speed control for reel and canvas speeds • Engine cold start • Auto guidance-ready • Fixed-position crop shields • Cab and rear axle suspension • Header quick latch • Chaff wiper kit • 600/65 R28 R1W drive tires • Single cast rear wheel support with 16.5L tires.
DuraMerger™ 416 Windrow Merger Attachment Features
- Speed Handling with DuraMerger™ 419: The need to increase efficiency and productivity is growing. Today’s New Holland high-capacity forage harvesters already provide increased efficiency and productivity. To do even more, you need to gather more, and the DuraMerger 419 can do just that.
- Place Two Windrows Side By Side: This windrower attachment from New Holland allows you to place two windrows side by side. In-cab adjustments for merger belt speed and the deflector position let you effortlessly place the windrows exactly the way the forage harvester operator wants, to optimize harvester productivity. Lowering and lifting the merger is also handled from the cab.
- Low-Riding Merger Catches All The Crop: When fully lowered, the merger rides only a few inches above the ground to catch the entire windrow. When encountering an obstruction, the robust design allows the merger to float up and over and return automatically to its original position. It is also easy to switch between single windrows and merging windrows.
- Indsutry-Leading Clearance: When windrow merging is not required, the merger tucks up tight and out of the way under the windrower frame with industry-leading clearance, eliminating the chance of catching a windrow while crossing uneven terrain or other windrows on headlands.
- Reliable Belts: An endless merger belt takes the worry out of belt maintenance. A V-guide on the inside of the belt ensures the belt tracks evenly no matter how heavily it is loaded.
- Engine: New Holland 6-cylinder, Tier 4B
- ECOBlue™ SCR HI-eSCR system (Selective Catalytic Reduction): Standard
- Displacement [cu. In. (L)]: 411 (6.7)
- Aspiration: Turbocharged with air-to-air intercooler
- Rated engine power ISO - ECE R120 [hp (kW)]: 210 (156)
- Max engine power ISO - ECE R120 [hp (kW)]: 220 (164)
- Fuel injection pump: Electronically controlled high-pressure common rail
- Batteries / alternator: 2, 12-volt 650 CCA / 150 amp
- Fuel capacity [gal. (L)]: 120 (454)
- DEF capacity [gal. (L)]: 19 (71.9)
- Rotating wand cooling system pre-cleaner: Standard
- Transmission: Dual range hydrostatic, or optional high speed, 3-range hydrostatic
- Final Drive: Double reduction planetary
- Steering: Hydrostatic
- Speed range - 2 speed drive [mph (kph)]: 0-19 (0-30.6)
- Speed range - 3 speed drive [mph (kph)]: 0-24 (0-38.6)
- Length with header [in. (mm)]: 283 (7188) with Durabine 416
- Less header and lift arms [in. (mm)]: 199.2 (5060)
- Height [in. (mm)]: 134.8 (3424)
- Wheelbase [in. (mm)]: 144.1 (3659)
- Front tread width [in. (mm)]: 154.8 (3932)
- Rear tread width (adjustable): 90-105-120 (2286-2667-3048)
- Rear axle suspension: Standard
- Tractor weight [lbs. (kg)]: 12,370 (5613) Hay 13,000 (5613) Draper
- Rear tires: 14L x 16.1 8PR or 16.5L x 16.1 8PR
- Rear axle ground clearance: 42.5 (1080)
- Header drive: Hydraulic
- Header flotation: Independent hydraulic flotation (flotation weight at each end of header independently controlled from cab)
- Hydraulic header tilt: Standard
- Header power reverser: Standard
- Adjustable windrow shields (on hay units): Standard
- In-cab windrow-width adjustment: Optional
- Single lever header transport lock system: Standard
- Cab: Deluxe, curved tinted glass
- Cab suspension: Standard
- Cab air filtration: Dual - 1 external air filter and 1 in-cab recirculation filter
- Standard seat: Deluxe cloth, air suspension seat with ride dampening, adjustable fore/aft and lumbar
- Optional seat: Deluxe leather, heated, air-suspension seat with ride dampening, adjustable fore/aft lumbar
- Instructor seat: Standard