- Get In Line For Bigger Profits: Squeeze more out of every acre by making each pass a more productive one. The H5400 series windrow mergers combine swath paths to efficiently match windrow width and density to forage harvester or baler capacity. Gentle action ensures a premium crop, and fewer trips through the field reduce fuel use, wheel traffic, labor and production costs. Bring it all together and get ready for a more profitable harvest.
H5400 Models Features
- Three Models, More Options, All The Right Features: If well-matched, high-quality windrows are what you're after, then we've got you covered. A choice of three models, with optional extensions and attachments, let you match the configuration to your operation. Plus, a gentle floating pickup comes standard so you get everything you want in a windrow, and nothing you don't.
- Center-Pull Model: Powered by a 70 hp tractor with one remote, the center-pull crop merger offers a simple, economical way to merge windrows up to 12 feet. Extensions are available to expand the merge area up to 14 feet.
- Side-Pull Models: For larger acreage, choose between two side-pull models. The convenient hydraulic swing-tongue design provides offset operation, so tractor tires stay away from the crop swath. Both the 9-ft H5420 and the 12-ft H5430 can be outfitted with extensions to increase merging area to 18 feet.
- A Gentle Floating Pickup Keeps The Riffraff Out: Dirt and stones have no place in a premium windrow. That's why a floating pickup comes standard to skim ground contours while replaceable three-prong teeth carefully lift valuable crop, keeping leaves intact and debris in the field.
- A Conveyer Belt Designed Right: The 42-inch conveyer efficiently transfers crop with a ribbed belt that provides a sure grip and extra high back panels to keep crop from exiting early. An anti-wrap device on the bearings prevents crop from wrapping and damaging bearing seals.
- Simultaneous Speed Adjustments: Working in harmony, the pickup and conveyer speeds adjust simultaneously for smooth crop flow.
- Merge Right, Invert Left: All H5400 crop mergers are designed to merge crop to the right. To invert crop using the optional inverter chute, simply switch the location of the two quick-disconnect hoses to change the direction of the conveyor belt.
- Add Extensions: For merging wide swaths, extensions are available for all three models, adding 2 feet to the center-pull and a choice of 2-, 4- or 6-foot extensions for side-pull models.
- Boost Hydraulic Flow: Don't let a single remote tractor stand in the way of your side-pull crop merger. A self-contained hydraulic pump is available for those without adequate flow, allowing the merger to work efficiently off one remote.
- Width, in. (mm): 42 (1067)
- Length, in. (mm): 175.5 (4458)
- Conveyor Drive type: Hydraulic
- Belt type: Spliced
- Discharge side (right or left): Right- left to invert only
- Shiftable cross conveyor: Not available
- Inverter chute option (yes/no): yes
- Optional conveyor extensions, ft. (mm): 2 (610), 4 (1219), or 6 (1829)
- Optional conveyor- folding or fixed: Hydraulically folding
- Conveyor extension shut-off: Standard
- Cross conveyor shut-off kit: Optional
- Transport width, in. (m): 172 (4.4)
- Transport length, in. (m): 264 (6.7)
- Transport height, in. (mm): 63 (1600)
Frame And Tongue
- Type pull: Side
- Tongue swing: Hydraulic
- Ground clearance under raised pickup, in (mm): 11.75 (298)
- Parking stand or jack: Jack
- Transport safety chain: Standard
- Transport lights: Standard
- Recommended operating speeds, mph (k/h): 2 to 12 (3.2 to 19.3)
- Maximum transport speed, mph (k/h): 20 (32)
- Tractor control box: Standard
- Wheels and tires (size): (1) 6.70 x 15 & (2) 9.5L x 15
- Single axle: Standard
Merging Capability - Feet (m) Of Cut
- Base unit: 9 to 12 (2.7 to 3.7)
- With 2-foot (.6 m) extension: 9 to 14 (2.7 to 4.3) / 9 to 16 (2.7 to 4.9)
- With 4-foot (1.2 m) extension: 9 to 16 (2.7 to 4.9)/ 9 to 18 (2.7 to 5.5)
- With 6-foot (1.8 m) extension: 9 to 18 (2.7 to 5.5) / use 4' (1.2) extension
- Width, inches: 108
- Type: Spliced belt w/plastic fingers
- Pickup tooth type: Replaceable 3-prong plastic
- Separate belt sections: 3 X 3' (.9 m)
- Adjustable pickup and conveyor speed (Tractor driven): Tractor remote flow control
- Adjustable pickup and conveyor speed (Self-contained): Tractor PTO speed
- Floating pickup: Standard, on gauge wheels
- Lift System: Hydraulic
- Gauge wheels: Standard
- Gauge wheel size: 5.70 x 8
- Drive type: Hydraulic
- Roller windguard: Standard
- Hydraulic flow requirements, gpm @ psi (lpm @ bar) (w/tractor hydraulics): 16 @ 2000 (61 @ 138)
- Hydraulic flow requirements, gpm @ psi (lpm @ bar) (w/self-contained hydraulics): 5 @ 2000 (19 @ 138)
- Tractor remotes required: 2 w/tractor driven; 1 w/self-contained
- Remote hydraulics type: Open or closed center
- Hydraulic remote valve type (w/tractor hydraulics): Double-acting w/detent and flow control on at least one valve
- Hydraulic remote valve type (w/self-contained hydraulics): Single or double acting
- Recommended tractor size: 70 HP (52 kW)
- Base unit weight, tractor hydraulics, lbs. (kg): 3320 (1505)
- Base unit weight, self-contained hydraulics, lbs. (kg): 3780 (1714)